Purch is one of the world’s largest tech publishers with brands such as Tom’s Guide, AnandTech, Space.com, LaptopMag, and LiveScience under its umbrella. With billions of users and three straight years of profitable, venture-backed double digit growth, Purch is on a mission to make complex buying decisions easier for both buyers and sellers. Purch is a fun, innovative company looking for talented people who fit.
Purch is looking for a Full Stack Web Engineer to join the team of front end engineers working on a variety of PHP applications. You should have experience developing high-traffic consumer-facing web sites. You will be responsible for building new features, as well as working on enhancements of existing platform. You will be interacting with different members of the team, both technical and non-technical, on a daily basis.
- Expert knowledge of PHP and Symfony2 framework
- Solid skills in HTML, CSS, SASS and responsive design principles
- Working knowledge of LAMP architecture
- Comfortable with Linux shell and solid command of source control tools (git)
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architecture and RESTful Web Services
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with both technical and non-technical members of the team
- Superb attention to detail and ability to accurately estimate work effort
- Motivated self starter and finisher
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS)
- Passion for clean UI and no-thrills UX
- Hands-on experience with build/release tools (Jenkins, ant, grunt, gulp)
- Understanding of both Agile and Waterfall development models
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, BitBucket)
- 4+ years developing web applications
- Bachelor degree in related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience
Please send resume along with a brief note outlining why you think you would be the perfect candidate for the job. No Word documents, please. Links to github profile or other projects are strongly encouraged, if available.
Salary: 100k – 110k