Purch is one of the world’s largest tech review publishers with brands such as Tom’s Guide, LaptopMag, and LiveScience under its umbrella. With billions of users and three straight years of profitable, venture-backed double digit growth, Purch is on a mission to make complex buying decisions easier for both buyers and sellers. Purch is a fun, close-knit, flexible, results-oriented work environment looking for talented people who fit.
A User Experience (UX) Researcher will work to problem solve some of the most complex challenges in design. In this role, you will lead the charge in uncovering where users are being underserved today and where the biggest opportunities for growth are tomorrow through industry and primary research as well as user testing to fundamentally understanding the behavior and and motivation(s) behind every day consumers who touch our products. You’ll drive change at all stages of the product development lifecycle and passionately advocate on behalf of the user with empathy and direction.
In partnership with the Head of UX you’ll spearhead the development of more robust user testing process and analyze test results through video and live interviews. Through testing and analysis you will work along side Designers, Product Managers, Developers and others to ideate and inform new features/experiences.
- Gather market research and industry patterns to help inform/inspire direction on various aspects of products across mobile and desktop experiences.
- Conduct independent research through user interviews, focus groups, surveys, etc. to better understand users’ attitudinal and emotional response to our products
- Work with UX, Design, Product, and Development to effectively prioritize research initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Synthesize business requirements and goals from Product Owners flawlessly and ensure all research efforts are aligned to priorities
- Embrace your role as users’ biggest advocate – drive home the importance of delivering the best experience and seek to spread awareness across the organization of best practices
- Always ask why, and lead cross-functional product teams to adopt design thinking and decision making
- BA/BS degree in Human Factors, User Experience (Design), HCI/Computer Science or other related fields
- 1-3 years of work experience or equivalent practical experience
- Experience conducting moderated user interviews and strong competency with tools such as UserTesting.com, Validately, etc.
- Basic knowledge of prototyping tools (InVision, Pirinciple, Marvel)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of benefits/drawbacks to various research methods and ability to identify which ones are most appropriate at the goal level
- Passion for working across wide range of mobile and desktop products (web and native app)
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Competency in UI tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, & Sketch
- Portfolio demonstrating previously mentioned skills
Salary: 70k – 80k