Purch is one of the world’s largest tech review publishers with brands such as Tom’s Guide, LaptopMag, and LiveScience under its umbrella. With billions of users and three straight years of profitable, venture-backed double digit growth, Purch is on a mission to make complex buying decisions easier for both buyers and sellers. Purch is a fun, close-knit, flexible, results-oriented work environment looking for talented people who fit.
A Product Designer will work to deliver world-class experiences that help users make better buying decisions while growing the business. In this role, you will partner with the Head of Design/UX to drive the vision for our next generation of product experiences and visual language. You will be expected to tackle all stages of the product development lifecycle by applying a user-centered design process. This means you will have the opportunity to lead projects across our biggest product platforms, transcribing business requirements from Product Owners, running ideation sessions with stakeholders, collaborating with Development/Engineering partners on technical feasibility of design solutions, laying out wireframes/mockups, rapid prototyping, writing specs, and much more!
You’ll drive change at all stages of the product development lifecycle and passionately advocate on behalf of the user with empathy and direction.
- Be a relentless advocate for user-centered design across the brand pillars
- Communicate proposed design solutions effectively as sketches, block/wireframes, mockups, or prototypes
- Identify and communicate interdependencies of design decisions across products in our platform effectively
- Always ask why, and lead cross-functional product teams to adopt design thinking and decision making
- Collaborate effectively with developers and other designers to identify and validate hypotheses, then solve design problems creatively and efficiently
- Present design solutions to Senior stakeholders or Product owners – help the business understand the vision
- Plan, conduct, and synthesize user research, including methods such as: contextual user interviews, task analysis, mental models, personas, journey maps, competitive analysis, and rapid prototyping
- BA/BS degree in User Interface Design, User Experience (Design), Graphic Design, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields
- 3-5 years of work experience or equivalent practical experience
- Mastery in UI tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, & Sketch
- Experience conducting moderated user interviews and usability lab studies
- Strong knowledge of prototyping tools (InVision, Principle, Marvel)
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative approaches to solving complex user experience problems and to convey ideas in a tangible and effective format
- Can analyze and prioritize end users’ workflows, needs and desires and to effectively transform this analysis into design solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of benefits/drawbacks to various research methods and ability to identify which ones are most appropriate at the goal level
- Passion for working across wide range of mobile and desktop products (web and native app)
- Portfolio demonstrating previously mentioned skills