Purch is on a mission to make complex buying decisions easy. And with over 100M visits every month on sites such as Business.com, Business News Daily, BuyerZone, Tom’s Hardware, TopTenReviews, LaptopMag and Space.com, Purch is one of the largest technology and media companies in the world.
The Purch B2B division is on the hunt for a Business Analyst with a quantitative background to support our paid search marketing efforts and to help fuel our continued growth. This position would support Purch’s lead generation arm, BuyerZone, the leading online marketplace for business purchasing. We are seeking an experienced business analyst who has experience or interest in the paid search/pay-per-click (PPC) world and, most importantly, lives and breathes data.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to leverage data, analytics and metrics to drive revenue and profit for one of the foremost B2B marketing companies. You will work with all the leading search engine marketing (SEM) platforms, our internal platforms and databases and our product teams to optimize yield from our paid marketing efforts. Your creativity will also be tapped as our entrepreneurial culture greatly encourages refining our current practices and testing new ideas in our constant quest to improve results based on your data analysis. In a nutshell, if you love to work with large sets of data to drive conclusions – this is the perfect role for you.
At least two years of business/data analyst experience is required. Experience and/or interest in paid search/pay-per-click (PPC) is a plus.
Outstanding candidates will thrive in a fast-paced quantitative operation, work well with a team and have a strong intellectual curiosity, a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and a constant desire to overachieve.
• Analyze day-to-day business data for all paid marketing programs (search and display)
• Support ongoing optimization efforts to meet objectives derived from data analysis
• Daily use of Tableau – our main BI platform – for reporting and analytics
• Collect, synthesize and analyze campaign/program performance data from multiple sources and provide actionable insights
• Build strong relationships across PPC and other departments, such as Product, Category Management and Sales
• Identify expansion opportunities within and outside current paid marketing plan
• Minimum of 2 years in a data driven role (business analyst or data analyst)
• Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to identify trends and creativity to solve problems through data analysis
• Comfortable working with large databases, manipulating numbers and complex data sets
• Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, hitting deadlines and performing under pressure
• Outstanding ability to execute swiftly with a strong attention to detail
• Strong communications skills; a successful candidate likes to work independently, but can effectively communicate with teammates and cross-functionally
• Experience with predictive analytics as well as paid platforms like Google AdWords and Bing Ads is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an analytical field such as statistics or mathematics
As you acquire expertise within the fast growing world of digital marketing, the business analyst experience will launch your career and help build your personal network of colleagues and friends. You’ll join a high-spirited, collaborative group that’s committed to excellence and beating goals.
This position is based in Waltham, MA.
Salary: 60k – 70k