Purch is a rapidly growing, constantly evolving digital content and services company that connects content and commerce. More than 100 million monthly visitors engage with our many brands—Tom’s Guide, Space.com, LiveScience, TopTenReviews, and more. We are going beyond the typical publishing approach by developing an innovative membership component to our business and now seek a dynamic marketing leader to help drive membership engagement and retention across our broad B2C portfolio.
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to manage and optimize our email communication strategies throughout our portfolio of B2C sites and our ShopSavvy app to directly impact member loyalty and engagement. The Email Marketing Manager will report to the VP, Membership Marketing and will work closely with the Product, Editorial and Dev teams and will be responsible for delivery, testing and optimization, to deliver on key goals and objectives for driving growth.
As the subject-matter expert, the candidate will be responsible for; developing, planning and analyzing the email channel to best drive company goals, as well as ensure and maintain the strong performance of all email marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of email marketing experience with managing multiple email lists at once, preferably using the SalesForce Marketing Cloud platform.
- Manage email marketing; strategy, optimization, monitoring, implementation, execution, reporting and analysis to increase visitation.
- Optimize Membership email programs through continual testing of creative, cadence, offers, targeting, etc.
- Partner with membership team to develop new testing strategies for push notifs, new member onboarding and triggered communications
- Monitor and optimize deliverability and ensure CAN-SPAM compliance to maintain high deliverability, data hygiene, and channel health.
- Working with the membership and editorial teams to build / optimize journeys, triggers, and dynamic emails.
- Produce weekly and monthly status, strategy and reporting that details KPIs, results, and summary of strategy based on data.
- Serve as the business owner for implementing personalization strategies with the 3rd party personalization vendor
- Build email testing roadmap and drive test execution to enable optimization of campaigns
- 5+ Years Email Marketing Experience
- Experience in the SFMC platform.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries
- Basic understanding of database and data feeds
- Ability to analyze email performance and understand what levers to pull to drive different KPI’s
- Strong knowledge of delivery issues and optimization.
- Ability to manage a small team of 1-2 people as well as build effective working relationships with cross-functional teams.
Need to be creative and scrappy and look to find alternative solutions to move projects forward
Manage email project workflow: develop schedules: balance needs of multiple brands
Experience using Automation Studio and Journey Builder in Salesforce MarketingCloud is a strong plus.
Ability to read/edit HTML for email and know nuances of different ESP’s